Being born in 1955, one should have seen quite a bit of the world in the meantime. And as I am a truly cosmo-political person I did!
My approach to self-dedicated learning
it is not something revolutionary, nor new nor unrecognized so far. It is more about combining the lessons learned & the user feedback over the decade(s) to avoid wasting of time & energy for the learners! Ultimate goal would be that people are motivated to come back on their own drive and are willing & keen to start the next learning adventure
from the known to the unknown
break down of complexity in digestible slices
offer common, out of daily life analogies
do not take anything for granted
keep required, anticipated computer technology skills of learners to the minimum
as “Featured” in
happy & returning Customers
Cups of Coffee
as “Inspired” by
as “Lessons Learned” like
I would judge my business career being strongly influenced by
- 1982 – my first overseas trip to Boston
- 1984 – the mentorship of Thomas Hirschmann
- 1989 – the golden age of informatics
- 1995 – got to know what “sales” is really meaning
- 2000 – being the project manager for the millennium menace
- 2002 realizing “global” is not just a buzz word
I would judge my personality being strongly imprinted by
- did you ever try to fly “Upper Deck” with a DC10?
- trying to fly oversee on a Friday with an expired travel password but being almost earlier in N.Y. with the Concorde than your on time flying colleague
- had the pleasure to dinner @Boston’s “Pier 4“
- enjoy the Scottish Highlands
- meet the finish Nokia procurement staff
- being in “Stephen King‘s” home area
- trying to find the “Sumner” tunnel if you want to return by car back to Logan International airport?
from the known to the unknown
You may ask yourself what does this lead to? What does this mean to me?
So, that you can better assess me and my motivation, I have tried to outline my person. From an understanding of being “in the right place at the right time”, i.e. having been lucky in life, I realized that this assumption alone is not enough to be grateful and humble towards life in a basic understanding. Actually on the contrary: to go ahead, to be willing to perform, not to give up and still to remain friendly and authentic were probably the success factors in my life. And, by the way, laughing at yourself or even saying “sorry” sometimes is not a weakness and doesn’t really hurt!
These feelings gave me the idea to try to pay something back… To make my experience in knowledge transfer in general adult education as well as in professional corporate training available here as a non-commercial learning offer.
All modern, young people who still have to find their professional way in the knowledge transfer area, it should be said that it is not about the “know-it-all talk (smart-axx)”, nor about the preservation of “old” or about the “only, absolutely right”!
Life is more varied, more dynamic, more individual than a learned method and is subject to permanent change. Especially in the social, socio-political, internal cosmos of companies, some things may move differently.